Pt. Budhaditya Mukherjee speaks on Ustad Vilayat Khan





  In a conversation with the critic Amarendra Dhaneshwar, he (Pt. Budhaditya Mukherjee) says "Ustad Vilayat Khansaheb has been my idol. I have been brought up in the same tradition. Actually, I have heard him only six times. However, his influence is deep and all-pervading. The first time I heard Ustad Vilayat Khansaheb was when I was ten. I can never forget that experience. His music was a tremendous source of inspiration. Later on, I could rationalize what I felt. Khansaab was executing the very things I was learning, with a degree of perfection which got permanently imprinted on my
subconscious."







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pen names of Great Composers of Hindustani Music

Rare Raga And Raga Prakar Master List

Different Sitar Gharanas