Pursuits of Music & Corporate

Ram performing at TCS Event
If Sitarist Ramprapanna Bhattacharya, also consultant of an IT Company of global reputation had given up playing Sitar, a passion that he has been pursuing since he was 6, his 10-7 regime  would have made his life monotonous. A professional Sitar player, Bhattacharya says “My Company has always been supportive of my music career. I have been granted leave whenever I needed it for my public performances for which I had to travel outside my work location - be it Kolkata or Glasgow or Rotherham." 


TCS Publishes Ram's accomplishments
"That apart, my organization is always happy to see me performing, providing a platform to showcase my talent. Yes, it makes for some long days when I put in 9 hours at work, 2 hours in travelling, 2 hours for Riyaz and then spend some time with my family as well" - he adds.

Ram tries to maintain professionalism in both his fields. He says: "There has been only a handful of musicians who did balance between music and other career. When I perform on stage, the audience is not going to accept any excuse related to my office work". Also my client wants quality delivery before project timeline. So one should be very judicious to utilize time in the best possible way - to straddle his / her profession (job) and passion (music or any other creative art)."

"Most of the concerts are usually in the evenings or on weekends. So there are not much conflict with the concert schedule and the work schedule. A steady job provides me my bread and butter while my Sitar provides me the creative satisfaction and sometimes, a bit of jam as well. This gives me the liberty of choosing only those concerts / project works which I love to do - instead of doing music only for the sake of earning money" - Ram concludes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pen names of Great Composers of Hindustani Music

Rare Raga And Raga Prakar Master List

Different Sitar Gharanas