HCL Peninsula Studio - Video Release - Note from Ramprapanna Bhattacharya




 My humble request to you to READ THIS TILL END and to kindly WATCH THIS CLIP where HCL Peninsula Studio has portrayed my musical experiences in form of interview (YouTube Video).


Link: https://t.co/nRAwBryPjW

My thanks and gratitude to the curators of this project: phenomenal musician Kaushiki Didi, Sarod player Arunava Deb (Shuvo bhai) and the entire TPS team headed by Subroto dada.
I shall be very happy, if you could take out some time to watch it !

It is impossible to narrate and acknowledge contributions of all important people within a span of few minutes. Hence a short write up :

1. I wanted to acknowledge my parent’s guidance and sacrifice. My mother had ownership of taking care of my academics and my father used to take care of my musical progress. Both made a virtual barricade surrounding me, to restrict me from any kind of distraction and deviation from my goals. They both made all the impossible things possible.

It so happened, my mother took me to whole-night Dover Lane concert where Vilayat Khan Saheb performed, when my father was out-of-town due to his work assignments. I remember another incident. Ustad Vilayat Khan was scheduled to perform the day before my higher secondary Physics exam. I could not attend because of obvious reasons. My father went and recorded the whole concert for me. But that was also not adequate to compensate my feeling of loss. Observing my mental condition that evening, my mother promised that she would arrange so that I can meet Ustad Vilayat Khan in person. It sounded impossible to me that time. But she kept her promise. Within one year, she took me to Khan Saheb’s residence and narrated about all my madness about Sitar, Classical Music and about Ustad himself. What a day it was !

2. My grandparents (my paternal grandparents and maternal grandmother as we lost my maternal grandfather when I was of one year) were the integral part of my childhood and I am fortunate enough to get their affection for almost two and half decades. Their presence was inspiration by itself. I got to know from them about the epics like Ramayana / Mahabharata, moral values, way of life, preaches of great sages and saints, several patriotic songs, stories, anecdotes, their experiences of life – and what not !

3. Needless to say, we are in incalculable debt to our Gurus. The following link redirects to my tribute notes to my three prime music teachers. http://ramprapanna.blogspot.com/search/label/Guru%20Profile

4. I could not have chased my musical dreams without full support and sacrifice of my wife (who is a teacher in a reputed school) – who single-handedly takes care of everything related to family and household. She keeps me tension-free all the time so that I can devote my time to work and music. It is not the matter of just one or two days, we are going to complete a decade of togetherness within next couple of years. She has an excellent creative and cultural mind too. Being a learned singer (disciple of V. Sanjukta Ghosh ) and dancer (disciple of Tanushree Shankar) she guides our daughters during their dance and music practice sessions.

5. God has been very kind and generous to bless us with two lovely fairies. People get astonished to see kids of their age, sitting silently watching classical performances for several hours without any noise or displeasure. We all are trying to impart positive values, formal and cultural education in them. Even if I am away, I try to conduct music sessions with them over skype, as I do for other students. May God bless them with all the positive things in life.

6. Last but not the least – you - the friends, relatives and elders who are true well-wishers, to inspire with your encouraging words and kind gestures. My heartfelt regards and gratitude to you all.

#MaestrosInStudio HCL Maestros in Studio Live at The Peninsula Studios #ramprapanna #sitar #IndianClassicalMusic #Music #ICM #Thanks #Gratitude #Love 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pen names of Great Composers of Hindustani Music

Rare Raga And Raga Prakar Master List

Different Sitar Gharanas